We are open - safety is our top priority!
At this time, we are not participating providers with state-funded programs such as Medicaid.
If you have employer-sponsored dental insurance, being able to find a dentist in Westminster by insurance can help you lower your out-of-pocket costs. At Dental One Associates of Westminster, we partner with various insurance carriers, which allows us to answer common questions, such as, “How do I locate a dentist near me who accepts my insurance?” Whether you need a dentist that accepts PPO insurance or a dentist that accepts HMO insurance, we can help. Call (410) 970-0292 for more information.
How Does Dental Insurance Work?
The world of dental insurance can be complex and confusing. Since your benefits are negotiated on your behalf by your employer, what you end of paying depends on how much of the cost your employer has agreed to accept. This means that the cost for the same procedure can vary significantly even among people covered by the same insurance carrier. Regardless of the type of insurance, the patient is ultimately responsible for the total cost of any services.
What Do I Do Once I Find a Dentist in Westminster by Insurance?
In addition to finding a dentist that takes insurance, you also need to familiarize yourself with the specifics of your plan benefits. The best source for this information is your insurance provider. When researching your benefits, be sure to ask the following questions:
- Which dentist takes my insurance?
- What options do I have if there is not a dentist near me who accepts my insurance?
- What is my annual deductible?
- What is my maximum annual benefit amount?
- Do I have a co-pay?
- Do you cover endodontics and other specialized services?
- Do I need a referral from my primary dentist to see a specialist?
- Are braces covered?
- Are dentures, dental implants, and other tooth replacement options covered?
- Do services have to be pre-authorized?
- Who do I contact if I have a question about a claim?
- How can I track how much I have earned toward my deductible?
Co-pays, premiums, and provider choices can also vary by whether you have an HMO or PPO plan. HMO plans tend to be the most economical, but you must choose your provider from a pre-approved list. PPO plans offer more flexibility when choosing a dentist, but your premiums, co-pays, and other fees will likely be higher.
What Do I Do Now That I Know How to Use My Dental Insurance with a Dentist in Westminster?
In addition to accepting a wide range of insurance plans and handling the entire claims process on your behalf, Dental One Associates of Westminster will work closely with your insurer to make sure that you receive the maximum coverage possible for services. Our dentists and staff will walk you through the details of your dental plan and help you find the most appropriate treatment options. We also offer convenient financing plans should you encounter any unexpected expenses. We are committed to helping our patients enjoy better oral health and more beautiful smiles. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to find out more about the insurance plans that we accept.
Insurances We Accept
- Anthem (BCBS)
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Care First
- DNOA (Dental Network of America)
- Delta DPO
- Delta Dental Premier®
- Delta PPO
- Dentalworks (Workman’s Comp)
- Lincoln Financial
- Maryland Health Smiles (pediatric dental services only)
- Medicare Advantage (Seniors 65+)
- One Call (Workman’s Comp)
- Reliance Standard Life
- TriCare (Military)
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare