Kids always hear their parents telling them to brush and floss their teeth before going to bed. It can get annoying, but a lot happens overnight. In fact, a lot happens in between meals that nobody knows about. After each meal, the mouth starts to build plaque and germs that coat the teeth. Plaque and germs can cause a lot of problems if left alone. Painful cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease can form, among other things. Brushing and flossing twice a day can prevent this, though. It also helps to see a dentist to make sure everything checks out fine. The last thing a kid needs is a throbbing tooth. Ouch!
Educational Handouts to Promote the Importance of Dental Hygiene
- Dental Care Everyday (PDF): Read this handout to understand the importance of good dental hygiene.
- Oral Health Handout for Children (PDF): Look and follow the pictures on this chart to keep your mouth clean and healthy.
- How to Brush Your Teeth (PDF): Follow the steps on this handout to brush your teeth the right way.
- Cavity Free at Three (PDF): Read this handout and follow the steps in it to keep your teeth sparkling clean.
- Give Your Teeth a Chance: Snack Smart (PDF): Eat healthy foods to keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- How to Floss (PDF): Brushing your teeth does not always get everything in your mouth, so you need to floss to make it cleaner.
- Steps for Caring for Your Teeth (PDF): Follow the steps in this handout for a bright and healthy smile.
Fun Oral Health Worksheets for Children
- Dental Health Word Search: Search for the hidden words to help keep your mouth fresh and clean.
- Brush Up with Blue: Toothbrushing Pack: Blue wants to help you stay on track with brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
- Tooth Book (PDF): Learn about your mouth by making a little book about it.
- Welcome to My Kingdom of Bright White (PDF): Use your crayons to color in the bright white kingdom of Flossymore.
- Dental Coloring Pages: Have fun coloring the teeth on these pages.
- How the Body Works: The Tooth: Print out and label the parts of the tooth.
- A-MAZING-ing Message (PDF): Look for the hidden message inside the tooth.
- Toothbrush Patch: Help Toothbrush Tree to brush away all of that nasty plaque and germs.
- Molar Madness: Choose the right word to complete the sentence and win the game.
- Glenn Martin, DDS: Dental Adventure: Click on the problems in a patient’s mouth to fix them.
- Healthy Teeth Quiz: Take the interactive Healthy Teeth quiz to test your knowledge about oral health.
- Abby’s Flying Fairy School: Play along with Abby as she goes through fairy tooth training class.
- To Tell the Tooth: Choose the right answer to make Al smile!
- Sugar Bug Blast: Play dentist and treat your patient’s mouths right away.
- Nurdle World: Explore a fun world with the Nurdles.
Children’s Dental Songs
- Dental Hygiene Children’s Songs, Poems, and Fingerplays: Sing along with these songs that teach good dental hygiene.
- Brush Bush: Watch and sing along with the bus to learn how to take care of your teeth.
- Poems and Songs about Teeth: Sing and read along to these songs and poems about proper oral health.
- Dental and Tooth Theme and Activities: Dental Songs: Sing these dental songs to popular tunes.
- Music and Songs: Dental Health: These dental songs should have you brushing and flossing your teeth to a tune.
- Teeth Rhymes and Songs: It can be fun to brush your teeth when you sing these songs.
- Music Therapy: Brushing Teeth Songs (PDF): If you find it hard to brush your teeth, then sing these songs.
- Watch and Brush!: Jam along to this dental health song about brushing your teeth.
- Songs, Rhymes, and Activities: The Toothbrush Song (PDF): Look for your favorite dental health song in this file.
- Dental Health Theme and Activities: Look for the dental song at the bottom of the page and enjoy a good tune.
Children’s Dental Books
- Dental Health Month: Children’s Dental Books: Have fun this month by reading these books before going to the dentist.
- Books for Before a Dentist Visit: Read these books before visiting the dentist to help ease your worries.
- Books on Visiting the Dentist and Dental Care: You can avoid bad things happening when you visit the dentist if you read these books.
- Children’s Dental Library Books: These books might have scary pictures at first, but it will show you that the dentist is OK to visit.
- Dental Health for Kids: Read Books About Dental Health: Going to the dentist can be a fun adventure, especially if you do not have any cavities.
- February is National Children’s Dental Health Month: Beat tooth decay by brushing daily like these cool kids did in these books.
- Books and Activities for Young Children about Oral Health (PDF): Read one of these books every time you brush your teeth to keep your mouth and mind fresh.
- Children’s Books in Dental Hygiene: Read these books to keep your mouth clean from plaque and germs.
Baltimore & Maryland Dentists
orthodontist baltimore ~ dental one frederick md ~ dentist in westminster ~ dental one associates abingdon ~ annapolis dental care ~ dentists in columbia md ~ dentist in maryland ~ dentists owings mills md ~ dental one associates oxon hill md