We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Kids always hear their parents telling them to brush and floss their teeth before going to bed. It can get annoying, but a lot happens overnight. In fact, a lot happens in between meals that nobody knows about. After each meal, the mouth starts to build plaque and germs that coat the teeth. Plaque and germs can cause a lot of problems if left alone. Painful cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease can form, among other things. Brushing and flossing twice a day can prevent this, though. It also helps to see a dentist to make sure everything checks out fine. The last thing a kid needs is a throbbing tooth. Ouch!
Educational Handouts to Promote the Importance of Dental Hygiene
- Dental Care Everyday (PDF): Read this handout to understand the importance of good dental hygiene.
- Oral Health Handout for Children (PDF): Look and follow the pictures on this chart to keep your mouth clean and healthy.
- How to Brush Your Teeth (PDF): Follow the steps on this handout to brush your teeth the right way.
- Cavity Free at Three (PDF): Read this handout and follow the steps in it to keep your teeth sparkling clean.
- Give Your Teeth a Chance: Snack Smart (PDF): Eat healthy foods to keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- How to Floss (PDF): Brushing your teeth does not always get everything in your mouth, so you need to floss to make it cleaner.
- Steps for Caring for Your Teeth (PDF): Follow the steps in this handout for a bright and healthy smile.
Fun Oral Health Worksheets for Children
- Dental Health Word Search: Search for the hidden words to help keep your mouth fresh and clean.
- Brush Up with Blue: Toothbrushing Pack: Blue wants to help you stay on track with brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
- Tooth Book (PDF): Learn about your mouth by making a little book about it.
- Welcome to My Kingdom of Bright White (PDF): Use your crayons to color in the bright white kingdom of Flossymore.
- Dental Coloring Pages: Have fun coloring the teeth on these pages.
- How the Body Works: The Tooth: Print out and label the parts of the tooth.
- A-MAZING-ing Message (PDF): Look for the hidden message inside the tooth.
- Toothbrush Patch: Help Toothbrush Tree to brush away all of that nasty plaque and germs.
- Molar Madness: Choose the right word to complete the sentence and win the game.
- Glenn Martin, DDS: Dental Adventure: Click on the problems in a patient’s mouth to fix them.
- Healthy Teeth Quiz: Take the interactive Healthy Teeth quiz to test your knowledge about oral health.
- Abby’s Flying Fairy School: Play along with Abby as she goes through fairy tooth training class.
- To Tell the Tooth: Choose the right answer to make Al smile!
- Sugar Bug Blast: Play dentist and treat your patient’s mouths right away.
- Nurdle World: Explore a fun world with the Nurdles.
Children’s Dental Songs
- Dental Hygiene Children’s Songs, Poems, and Fingerplays: Sing along with these songs that teach good dental hygiene.
- Brush Bush: Watch and sing along with the bus to learn how to take care of your teeth.
- Poems and Songs about Teeth: Sing and read along to these songs and poems about proper oral health.
- Dental and Tooth Theme and Activities: Dental Songs: Sing these dental songs to popular tunes.
- Music and Songs: Dental Health: These dental songs should have you brushing and flossing your teeth to a tune.
- Teeth Rhymes and Songs: It can be fun to brush your teeth when you sing these songs.
- Music Therapy: Brushing Teeth Songs (PDF): If you find it hard to brush your teeth, then sing these songs.
- Watch and Brush!: Jam along to this dental health song about brushing your teeth.
- Songs, Rhymes, and Activities: The Toothbrush Song (PDF): Look for your favorite dental health song in this file.
- Dental Health Theme and Activities: Look for the dental song at the bottom of the page and enjoy a good tune.
Children’s Dental Books
- Dental Health Month: Children’s Dental Books: Have fun this month by reading these books before going to the dentist.
- Books for Before a Dentist Visit: Read these books before visiting the dentist to help ease your worries.
- Books on Visiting the Dentist and Dental Care: You can avoid bad things happening when you visit the dentist if you read these books.
- Children’s Dental Library Books: These books might have scary pictures at first, but it will show you that the dentist is OK to visit.
- Dental Health for Kids: Read Books About Dental Health: Going to the dentist can be a fun adventure, especially if you do not have any cavities.
- February is National Children’s Dental Health Month: Beat tooth decay by brushing daily like these cool kids did in these books.
- Books and Activities for Young Children about Oral Health (PDF): Read one of these books every time you brush your teeth to keep your mouth and mind fresh.
- Children’s Books in Dental Hygiene: Read these books to keep your mouth clean from plaque and germs.
Baltimore & Maryland Dentists
orthodontist baltimore ~ dental one frederick md ~ dentist in westminster ~ dental one associates abingdon ~ annapolis dental care ~ dentists in columbia md ~ dentist in maryland ~ dentists owings mills md ~ dental one associates oxon hill md