We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: April 4, 2016
Locate a Good Affordable Dentist, and Save a Knocked-out Tooth
If you sustain a facial blow during sports activities or a traumatic accident, your teeth can easily be knocked out of their sockets. While it’s a horrible experience that you probably don’t want to think about, knowing what to do to save a knocked-out tooth in an emergency situation could one day help you avoid costly dental restorations. If an accident occurs, be sure that you have not sustained any life-threatening injuries; attending to these is always the top priority. Your next steps will help keep your tooth safe until you can get to a good affordable dentist. You can use the following tips as your guide.
What to do to Save a Knocked-out Tooth
- Find the tooth, and pick it up carefully by its crown. Do not touch the tooth’s root. Handling it by its chewing surfaces, and never by the root, reduces the risk of additional damage.
- If the tooth is dirty, carefully rinse it under running water. Do not use soap or cleaning chemicals and never scrub the tooth or try to remove impacted debris. Also, don’t attempt to dry or wrap the tooth.
- If you can, place the tooth back into its socket immediately. Use your fingers to push it gently into the empty space, or position it just above the socket, and close your mouth slowly. You can hold it in place by biting down gently.
- Don’t allow the tooth to become dry. If you can’t replace it in your mouth, store it inside your cheek or place it in milk or emergency tooth preservation fluid.
- Quick action is vital to save a knocked-out tooth. If you possibly can, bring it to a dentist or endodontist within 30 minutes. It may be possible to save the tooth even if you are not able to reach a dentist immediately, but to increase your chances of success, get professional care as soon as possible.
Best Dentist Baltimore: Find Dentist Resources Now
To find dentist resources in your area, check your local business directory for emergency dental care clinics or providers. The best dentist Baltimore listings should provide an emergency phone number that you can call to obtain more information. You should have no problems locating a good affordable dentist to save your tooth. However, if you can’t locate a dentist who is available immediately, go to a hospital emergency room for treatment.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Baltimore, make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 11 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Maryland, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Maryland.