Get to the Bottom of Bad Breath
Regular dental care and a commitment to flossing can help deter bad breath, but it’s not always enough to solve a severe problem. If your halitosis isn’t responding to conventional measures, it may be time to examine your habits or even schedule an appointment with your local family dentistry clinic to determine the cause of your bad breath.
Common Causes of Bad Breath
- Dental infections and decaying teeth may produce bad breath. Your family dentistry practitioner can recommend the best treatment to resolve underlying dental problems.
- Dry mouth is a common cause of bad breath. When there isn’t enough saliva to remove food particles and oral bacteria, you’re likely to develop bad breath. Use products intended to treat dry mouth, or consult your doctor or an affordable dentist for advice.
- Bad breath is virtually inevitable if you use tobacco in any form including cigarettes, cigars, snuff, and chewing tobacco. When you’re ready to give up the smokes, ask your doctor or dentist for support.
- Pungent foods like garlic and onions can cause temporary bad breath. While your body is still processing the foods, there is little you can do to stop the smell. Avoiding stinky foods is the only cure.
- A more serious cause of bad breath is an infection or illness somewhere in the body. If your family dentistry professional doesn’t detect any oral problems, see your doctor to rule out possible medical reasons for your halitosis.
Proper dental care, including brushing twice a day and flossing daily, can resolve many mild cases of bad breath. However, if your halitosis is due to an oral infection or a dental problem, it won’t go away without medical attention.
If you’re avoiding professional dental care for financial reasons, or you don’t have dental insurance, find an affordable dentist and ask about payment options. Family dentistry professionals can treat tooth problems or prescribe an antimicrobial rinse to end your bad breath and restore your confidence.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Baltimore, call Dental One Associates of Maryland today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 11 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Maryland, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Maryland.