We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: January 4, 2015
Common Dental Emergencies – Knowledge is Key
How you handle the first few minutes of a dental emergency can determine the fate of your tooth. The advice listed below can help you protect your oral and general health when emergencies strike. Getting emergency dental treatment as soon as possible is always important, especially if the incident involves head trauma or bleeding. If you don’t have access to an emergency dentist, visit your local emergency room department for help.
- Attempt to replace the tooth in its socket.
- If that’s not possible, place the tooth between your gums and cheek, or in milk.
- Get emergency dental care immediately.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water immediately.
- Use a cold compress to reduce and prevent swelling.
- Visit your dentist in Baltimore as soon as possible.
Lip or Tongue Bite
- Clean the wound and the area around it with warm water.
- Apply pressure to reduce bleeding.
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- For large bites or heavy bleeding, contact your dentist or go to an emergency room.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Floss to remove foreign objects between teeth.
- Do not chew aspirin or place it on your tooth.
- Contact your dentist if pain persists.
Foreign Object Lodged Between Teeth
- Attempt to remove the object with dental floss. Never use a sharp instrument.
- If it impedes normal function, seek emergency dental treatment.
To avoid a dental emergency, never use your teeth to open or cut non-food objects, wear a mouth guard during sports activities, and refrain from chewing hard objects such as popcorn kernels, hard candies, and ice.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Baltimore, call Dental One Associates of Maryland today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Maryland, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Maryland.