We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: May 16, 2016
Affordable Root Canal Procedure Endodontist in Maryland
When teeth are severely damaged or diseased, root canal treatments can often save them. The endodontic procedure is employed when a tooth’s pulp becomes severely infected or inflamed. Causes of diseased pulp include deep cavities, repeated dental work, and injuries like chips and cracks. If diseased teeth aren’t treated, severe pain or abscesses may result.
Endodontic Treatment Explained Step-by-Step
- Before your endodontist begins the treatment, he or she will administer a local anesthetic. You will not feel any pain during the procedure.
- The endodontist will make an opening in the crown of your tooth. Small instruments will be used to remove all of the pulp from the pulp chamber and root canals.
- After the interior of your tooth is clean and shaped, it will be filled with a rubbery material called gutta-percha. The newly-filled root canals will be sealed. If necessary, a post can be placed inside your tooth to stabilize it.
- Your endodontist will place a temporary filling; this will be replaced with a permanent filling before the restoration is complete.
- Finally, your regular dentist will place a crown on top of the treated tooth and cement it into place.
Can Every Tooth be Treated Endodontically?
Root canal treatment is appropriate for most teeth. In some teeth, the root canals are not accessible, or they are severely fractured; these teeth cannot be saved. If your tooth doesn’t have adequate bone structure to support it, endodontic treatment may not be possible.
After Root Canal Procedure, will the Tooth need Extra Treatment or Special Care?
After it is fully restored with a crown, an endodontically treated tooth needs no special care other than good oral hygiene. Additional treatment may be required if the tooth becomes painful months or years later due to trauma or new infection. Re-treatment can save the tooth.
What Does a Root Canal Procedure Cost?
The complexity of the problem will affect the cost of your procedure. Treating molars usually costs more. Root canals are a more affordable dental care option than tooth extraction when you factor in the cost of replacing a tooth or teeth with dental implants or bridges.
Affordable Root Canal Procedure Endodontist in Baltimore
There are many ways to go about finding an affordable root canal procedure endodontist in Baltimore. First, ask your general dentist for a referral. He or she will be glad to assist you in finding affordable dental care. You can also check local business directories or contact state or local dental societies for recommendations and resources.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Baltimore, call Dental One Associates of Maryland today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 11 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Maryland, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Maryland.