Evolution of Dental Services – A History of Dentistry
The profession of Dentistry and Dental Care has a long history. Researchers have traced Dentistry back to ancient Egypt back at 7500 B.C. The ancient Egyptians were the first to have replacement teeth, which are the forerunners of modern dentures and crowns.
Over the course of time, Dentistry and Dental Care has evolved from a primitive form of medicine to modern day use of preventative dental care, state of the art diagnostics and modern age treatment. During the past several centuries, Dentistry has seen many improvements and changes. To learn more about these changes, we have assembled a number of resources for your information:
- Museum of Dental Care – resource containing historical information on dental care through the years.
- Taking Care of Teeth – article aimed at educating children about the importance of proper tooth care.
- Tooth Care – resources from the American Dental Association covering a wide range of dental topics.
- Dental Health Basics – informative resource showing the proper technique for brushing along with other dental health information.
- Proper Flossing – resource showing the proper techniques for flossing teeth.
- History of Dentistry – useful resource from the American Academy of the History of Dentistry.
- History of Medicine: Dentistry – images and information on the history of dentistry.
- Dentistry Guide – information aimed at consumers on dentistry.
- Dentists – government information on the field of dentistry.
- Teeth and Mouth Care – information on care of teeth and mouth is important for the elderly.
Early Dentistry (up to 1600)
- Early Dentistry – information on early dental care dating back to 7500 BC
- Dentistry History – timeline of various periods of time and dental care landmarks.
- Dental Art – resourceful site with information on dental art dating back to 3000 BC.
- History of Dentistry – slide show outlining the history of dentistry dating back to BC.
- Story of Dentistry – site covering the origins of dentistry in ancient times.
Colonial Era Dentistry (1600-1800)
- Colonial Dentistry – informative look at dentistry during colonial times.
- 18th and 19th Century Dentistry – useful resource on colonial era dentistry.
- Journal of the History of Dentistry – educational look at the history of dentistry.
- History of Dentistry – brief look at the developments in dentistry.
- George Washington – informative resource explaining how George Washington did not have wooden teeth in Colonial America.
Industrial Era Dentistry (1800-1900)
- Dental Filling Material – historical look at the dental material used by the confederacy during the Civil War.
- Lecture Cards – medical and dental lecture cards from the 1800’s.
- Dental History – listing of important dates in the history of dentistry including many in the Industrial Era.
- Millennium of Dentistry – historical perspective on the changes in dentistry.
Modern Era Dentistry (1900-today)
- Dental Health – collection of resources aimed at children.
- Nutrition and Dental Health – informative resource showing the connection between good nutrition and good dental health.
- Dental Hygiene – useful collection of resources on dental hygiene.
- Dental Health – resources covering a wide range of dental health.
- Mouth and Tooth Disease – collection of clinical trials in the field of dentistry.
Baltimore & Maryland Dentists
dental one associates columbia md ~ dental one associates frederick md ~ dentist westminster ~ maryland dentist ~ dentist in baltimore ~ dentist in annapolis ~ dentist in abingdon ~ owings mills dentist ~ dental one associates oxon hill